David K. Jemiolo
Associate Professor of Biology and Director of Interdepartmental Courses
- Ph.D. 1981 Biophysics, University of Virginia
- B.S. 1972 Physics, University of Massachusetts at Lowell
Dr. Jemiolo has been a member of the biology department since 1986. In addition, he is an active participant in the interdepartmental Biochemistry Program and has served as the program's director. His teaching interests include biochemistry, cell biology and molecular biology. He has taught a forensics course with Dr. S. Kaur of chemistry and with Dr. Rossi he is developing a course titled The Culture and Chemistry of Cuisine.
- Jemiolo, D. K. and Theg, S (2010) Student Solutions Manual, Study Guide and Problems Book for Biochemistry 4rd Edition by Garrett and Grisham.
- Jemiolo, D. J. (2005) Student Solutions Manual, Study Guide and Problems Book for Biochemistry 3rd Edition by Garrett and Grisham.
- Pramila, T., Miles, S., GuhaThakurta, D., Jemiolo, D., and L. Breeden (2002) Conserved homeodomain proteins interact with MADS box protein Mcm1 to restrict ECB-dependent transcription to the M/G1 phase of the cell cycle, Genes and Development, 16, 3034-3045
- Jemiolo, D.K., F.T. Pagel and E.J. Murgola. (1995) UGA Suppression by a Mutant RNA of the Large Ribosomal Subunit. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 92, 12309-12313.
- Pediconi D., R. Spurio., A, La Teana, D.K. Jemiolo, C.O. Gualerzi and C.L. Pon. (1995) Translational Regulation of infC Operon in Bacillus steaorothermophilus Biochem. Cell Biol. 73, 1071-1078.
- Jemiolo, D.K. J.S. Taurence and S. Giese. (1991) Mutations in 16S rRNA in Escherichia coli at methyl-modified sites: G966, C967, and G1207, Nucleic Acids Research 19, 4259-4265.